As the most romantic day of the year approaches, most of you are probably frantically looking for the perfect gift to give your significant other. Sure, chocolate and flowers are nice, but what's more romantic than showing someone how well you really know them by getting them something they'll actually use. We've compiled a list of 8 great Valentine's Day gifts that your car loving boyfriend or girlfriend will love (and will last longer than a day).
1. Shift Knob $30-100 - If he or she drives a manual car, a fun shift knob is an easy and practical way to decorate the inside of their car. Whatever their hobbies, you can find tons of different designs suited to their interests, like this Poké Ball shift knob that we found on Etsy.
2. Sports car lego set $100-200 - If your significant other is a child at heart, why not get them a lego set to build their favourite sports car. Tell them you got them a Ferrari and see how excited they get - after all, isn't a lego Ferrari the next best thing to owning an actual Ferrari?
3. Senna F1 documentary $10 - The Senna documentary, which documents World Champion Formula 1 racer, Ayrton Senna's life until his death at age 34, is a great add-on if you've already gotten a gift, but want to throw in a little something extra.
4. Grand Prix Tickets $33-400 - If you're looking for an excuse to plan a weekend away, consider the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Montreal. Not only are tickets reasonably priced, but even if you aren't into F1, you'll still look like the greatest partner ever and you'll get to spend a few days exploring Montreal.
5. Cayuga racing pack $400-1,100 - Toronto Motorsports Park's racing packs can be a bit pricey, but the cost is totally worth it for a car fanatic. Until the 14th, they're even offering Valentine's Day specials, so if you have a higher budget and are still on the hunt for a gift, a Cayuga racing pack won't make you look like you forgot.
6. License plate frame $20-30 - A license plate frame is a great option when you don't want to spend too much money. Get one with a funny saying or check out their favourite sports team's memorabilia website and get double brownie points for knowing that they love cars and what their favourite team is.
7. Toronto International Auto Show tickets $23 - The Auto Show runs from February 12th until the 21st and is a great reasonably-priced gift option (or Valentine's Day date idea, if you're both car fans). While you're in the area, you might as well make it a Toronto Tourist day and also check out Ripley's Aquarium of Canada or the CN Tower.
8. Dash Cam $100+ - A dash cam is a great gift idea for the boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife who is into drifting or racing and wants to get footage of their races. You can get a basic camera for $100 if it's just a part-time hobby or go up to $500 for more professional quality.